Ever wondered about breast density or what patient advocacy is all about?
In this episode of my podcast ‘Cancer And You’ I am delighted to bring to you my conversation with breast density advocate Siobhán Freeney. We cover 2 important topics:
Part 1 (first 18 minutes): Breast density matters – whether you have breast cancer or not! Because breast density can make it hard for tumours to show up on mammograms. Siobhán explains why, and how to get the information you need.
Part 2 (18 minutes onwards): How do you get into advocacy – for yourself or others? Siobhán shares with us her personal path and top tips.
Siobhán Freeney is a patient advocate for awareness of Mammographic Breast Density and the relevance of Supplemental Breast screening Ultrasound and MRI for women with Dense Breasts. In 2016 she founded Beingdense.com. She also has a particular interest around Invasive Lobular Breast Cancer and liaises regularly with Breast Cancer researchers, associations, attends PPI conferences and seminars. Siobhán is a member of the Susan G Komen Advocates in Science program-AIS. She maintains a strong presence on social media platforms, Twitter and Facebook.
If you are interested in or affected by dense breasts,
then check out Ilene Kaminsky’s post
on her great blog Cancerbus.com,
which focuses on living with metastatic breast cancer.
Thanks to all my readers, my website is among the Top 10 UK Psychotherapy Blog
- Angry with your therapist? Why it might be helpful.
- How to turn feeling hopeless into hope
- Holding hands matters – How to hold it together when we are alone?
- The moment that taught me not to fear depression
- Regrets can shape us or break us. How to make peace with regrets.
- When my friend died, she gave me a gift, that changed my life
- Breast density and patient advocacy – in conversation with Siobhán Freeney 🎧
- How to give up addictive behaviours
- Living in Peace – 7 Key Steps
- When friendships end in doubt and mistrust