“I don’t need therapy. I need someone to listen.”
I offer one off consultations in person at my consulting room in Richmond, West London, or online to assist with a range of situations, when you may not need or are unable to commit to short or longer term support.
Sometimes, talking to someone independent in a confidential setting can make all the difference.
Depending on availability the sessions last 1.5 hours (90 mins) or 2 hours (120 mins).
1. One off consultations can be an opportunity to
- sense-check decisions you have to take;
- get motivation or comfort ahead of an important or difficult meeting;
- identify tools and strategies to support you through a particular phase or time in your life;
- get something off your chest.
Instead of me solving the problem for you, the aim is to help you find an answer and approach that works for you.
2. I specialise in one off consultations for the following areas:
Bereavement and Grief
A consultation can assist ahead of attending a funeral, grief anniversaries, memorial services, or if you wish to have your own special moment of grief support.
Life-changing illness (esp cancer) or events
Whether you are the one with the diagnosis, a relative or friend, a session with someone independent can assist in processing difficult news or decisions. It can help you in exploring plans and support, that may be needed to cope with the situation as best as possible. If you are affected by cancer and wonder how cancer counselling or even a one off session may help, then find out more here.
Other life changes
You may be considering changes of your own or are facing changes that are not of your choice – in the private, working or other areas of your life. You may have some ideas and need the last bit of courage to make them happen. Or you are starting with an empty sheet and want to start exploring your options.
These can happen to us all at any time. A consultation can assist you in identifying the nature and cause of the block, and explore useful changes to help you reconnect with your creativity.
To get something off your chest
Sometimes we are burdened by things we did or did not do. Talking about it can be a release and may help you to move on.
If there is anything that you would consider seeking a one off consultation for, then feel free to contact me in confidence.
3. Areas unsuitable for one off support
Clearly, this service does not work for every problem. It is not a quick fix for issues which require and deserve more time. Neither are these sessions a substitute for medical advice.
Please note that I do not offer one off consultations for support with addictions, self harm, feeling suicidal, or serious and long-term mental health issues. In any of such cases please consult a medical professional or crisis support like the Samaritans in the UK and ROI.
The fee for one off consultations, in person or online, is £140 (90 mins incl PayPal fee) or £186 (120 mins incl PayPal fee).
5. To book a session
Email KarinSieger (at) KarinSieger.com, putting “one off consultation” in the subject heading, and outline very briefly for which area you would like support.
Image courtesy of PublicDomainPictures via Pixabay
- How to turn feeling hopeless into hope
- Angry with your therapist? Why it might be helpful.
- Holding hands matters – How to hold it together when we are alone?
- The moment that taught me not to fear depression
- Regrets can shape us or break us. How to make peace with regrets.
- When my friend died, she gave me a gift, that changed my life
- Breast density and patient advocacy – in conversation with Siobhán Freeney 🎧
- How to give up addictive behaviours
- When friendships end in doubt and mistrust
- The death of a therapist, coach or mentor – how to cope.