Why I have added a “voluntary contributions button” to my website.
You may be a returning visitor, or this is your first time here, you may be familiar with my work and background or not.
In any case, I think it important to provide some information about why I have decided to add a voluntary contributions / donation button to my website.
Personal and professional ethics are very important to me. This is why I have given this step considerable thought. I have also noticed, that it is not uncommon among other bloggers, educators etc.
My writing and videos, Dear Karin Advice Column and Creative Despite Cancer project are my way of giving back to our society, and done in the hope that I may help others on their path towards healing, meaning, happiness and peace. Over time I may add other projects.
While this site also advertises the paid work I do as a therapist, my articles and videos are by no means intended (or needed) to advertise my paid services or grow my client base. Indeed, I have reduced my private practice in order to focus more on this work.
While this is my free choice, I have also recognised that I need to walk the walk and talk the talk where self care and self worth is concerned. Hence my decision to add a ‘donation button’ to my site.
- The transactions (including cards) are handled by PayPal and I have no access to any of your personal financial details.
- All donations are gratefully received and you can choose whatever amount works for you.
- Contributions are used to cover my costs for related hard and software.
Please note that donations do not constitute any agreement, contract or commitment on my part to offer individual, preferential treatment, favours or services of any kind.
Whether you choose to make a donation or not, my commitment to this work and my audience remains truthful, authentic and based on care for all our wellbeing.
8th April 2018
- Angry with your therapist? Why it might be helpful.
- The moment that taught me not to fear depression
- Emotional bubbles – do you know yours?
- My ex and I – What do we want?
- Why I wish my father had taught me about death and dying
- Regrets can shape us or break us. How to make peace with regrets.
- How to turn feeling hopeless into hope
- Living in Peace – 7 Key Steps
- Pull yourself together: When it helps and when it doesn’t
- Facing loneliness and how to cope