In addition to in person support at my therapy premises in Richmond, London, UK, I also offer online one off consultations, short or medium term therapy and counselling meetings.
Is online suitable for you?
Online, webcam or telephone counselling and therapy cannot replace the therapeutic setting a face to face meeting offers. Personally, where ever possible, I would encourage you to opt for that. But there may be many reasons why that is not always possible.
Online support is also not suitable for all difficulties you may seek help with. I do not provide this service in cases of self harm, suicide risk, sever depression, anxiety or anger.
How does it work?
All you need for our online meetings is a computer, laptop or device with a webcam. Once you have booked a session here I will email you the details of your booking with a secure link to access your session. I use Zoom, a reliable, secure and good quality software.
We will be able to see each other. Remember to try and disconnect all your other devices from your Wifi network during the meeting, as this can sometimes affect the quality of your connection.
At the time of your appointment just click the link. If you have never used Zoom before, you may be asked to install the App. Follow the easy on-screen instructions and select ‘Run’ to install.
Your online safety and privacy matters
I use Zoom because:
- it’s available to users with lower bandwidths
- you don’t need to download software or set up an account
- it meets a very high standard of confidentiality and data security
Zoom will not collect your personal information and sessions are not recorded. Video calls take place using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure they remain confidential. When you make a booking you will be asked for an email address, if you want to keep these details private please use an email address that only you have access to.
If you want to delete all traces of Zoom you’ll need to:
- uninstall Zoom
- delete your internet history for the day you had counselling
- delete any cookies Zoom has left on your device. You can get more information about deleting cookies on the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website
Code of Conduct
I will not record our meetings, and ask you not to do so without my written permission.
Sessions will be stopped (at full cost) if you are under the influence of alcohol or other recreational drugs.
For more information about me and how I work read
- Breast density and patient advocacy – in conversation with Siobhán Freeney 🎧
- Angry with your therapist? Why it might be helpful.
- Living in Peace – 7 Key Steps
- How to set up and grow your private therapy practice – The Video
- Online Workshop: Understanding & supporting the emotional impact of chronic illnesses and cancer
- The moment that taught me not to fear depression
- Language in counselling or therapy – 7 points to consider if you are bi- or multi-lingual.
- Facing loneliness and how to cope
- Regrets can shape us or break us. How to make peace with regrets.
- Childhood Memories That Still Hurt Today