“I don’t need therapy. I need someone to talk to.”
I offer intensive one off consultations in person or online to assist with a range of situations, when you may not need or are unable to commit to short or longer term support.
2 hours (120mins) + 30 mins follow up
1. Such sessions can be an opportunity to
- sense-check decisions you have to take;
- get motivation or comfort ahead of an important or difficult meeting;
- identify tools and strategies to support you through a particular phase or time in your life;
- get something off your chest.
Instead of me solving the problem for you, the aim is to help you find an answer and approach that works for you.
The fee for one off consultations, in person or online, is £195 and payable online ahead of the session. The package I offer is at a discount and cheaper than 3 individual session. It includes
- Me reading and processing a summary of your situation ahead of our meeting.
- 2 hour (120 mins) meeting.
- 30 minute follow up call.
Depending on your requirements we may choose to schedule an additional catch up session (£75 for 50 minutes in person or online).
3. I specialise in one off support for the following areas:
Bereavement and Grief
A consultation can assist ahead of attending a funeral, grief anniversaries, memorial services, or if you wish to have your own special moment of grief support.
Life-changing illness or events
Whether you are the one with the diagnosis, a relative or friend, a session with someone independent can assist in processing difficult news or decisions. It can help you in exploring plans and support, that may be needed to cope with the situation as best as possible.
Other life changes
You may be considering changes of your own or are facing changes that are not of your choice – in the private, working or other areas of your life. You may have some ideas and need the last bit of courage to make them happen. Or you are starting with an empty sheet and want to start exploring your options.
These can happen to us all at any time. A consultation can assist you in identifying the nature and cause of the block, and explore useful changes to help you reconnect with your creativity.
To get something off your chest
Sometimes we are burdened by things we did or did not do. Talking about it can be a release and may help you to move on.
If there is anything that you would consider seeking a one off consultation for, then feel free to contact me in confidence.
4. Areas unsuitable for one off support
Clearly, this service does not work for every problem. It is not a quick fix for issues which require and deserve more time. Neither are these sessions a substitute for medical advice.
Please note that I do not offer one off consultations for support with addictions, self harm, feeling suicidal, or serious and long-term mental health issues. In any of such cases please consult a medical professional or crisis support like the Samaritans in the UK and ROI.
5. To book a session
Email me in confidence, putting “one off session” in the subject heading, and outline very briefly for which area you would like support. I tend to offer these sessions on Fridays afternoons or Saturdays 1200-1400 (UK time).
6. More information
For more information about me, how I work, my cancellation policy and other practical information you may also like to read
Image courtesy of PublicDomainPictures via Pixabay
- Angry with your therapist? Why it might be helpful.
- How to turn feeling hopeless into hope
- Regrets can shape us or break us. How to make peace with regrets.
- How to keep going when someone else dies of cancer
- Feeling under siege? How to separate reality from fear. And how to cope.
- Language in counselling or therapy – 7 points to consider if you are bi- or multi-lingual.
- How to cope with the difficult days.
- When friendships end in doubt and mistrust
- The moment that taught me not to fear depression
- Childhood Memories That Still Hurt Today