Understanding the Emotional Impact of Cancer
Online Q&A on Friday 1st March 2019, 1500-1630 UK Time
Registration is now closed
Whether you are newly diagnosed, going through or have finished cancer treatment, whatever your cancer, your diagnosis or prognosis – you will know that cancer affects you physically, mentally and emotionally.
Often the treatment focus is exclusively on treating the physical side of cancer, understandably so.
Yet understanding the emotional impact of cancer is essential in order to help manage stress, limit the impact of depression, anxiety and grief we are bound to feel at some stage.
In this free question & answer session I will address this topic and answer some of the questions you are welcome to send to me in confidence.
I am a registered and accredited psychotherapist and writer. I specialise in support with life-changing illnesses, esp cancer with which I have been diagnosed twice. I currently live with breast cancer.
How does it work?
1. Register for this Q&A session using the Zoom link below.
Zoom works like Skype but is more stable and secure. If you have not used it before, then you may be asked to download the App.
2. Use the form below, if you would like to ask a question about the emotional impact of cancer.
Keep it to 1 paragraph of no more than 200 words. Please note, that I will not provide medical advice or views on individual treatment approaches. Questions need to be received by close of Wed 27th February 2019 (UK time).
3. This is a free event, but you are welcome to make a voluntary donation of your choosing.
If you would like to make a donation towards the free support I provide via this event, my articles, videos, #DearKarin Advice Column and #CreativeDespiteCancer promotional initiative, then you can use the secure PayPal button below.
I look forward to welcoming you to this event.
Thanks to you, my website is among the Top 10 UK Psychotherapy Blogs
- Is generosity a good or a bad idea?
- Chemo brain explained: What is it? Symptoms? Coping?
- The moment that taught me not to fear depression
- How to set up and grow your private therapy practice – The Video
- Living in Peace – 7 Key Steps
- One off consultation
- When friendships end in doubt and mistrust
- Health anxiety – Why giving false hope is worse than no hope
- Regrets can shape us or break us. How to make peace with regrets.
- Angry with your therapist? Why it might be helpful.